Potato Gem Pasta Bake
A Delicious Bake With Potato Gems, Pasta, Bacon And Cheese
Recipe Ingredients (Serves: Serves 4):
2 Cups Of Corn Pasta
1/2 Cup Cheese
300g Potato Gems (gluten Free)
1/4 Cup Corn Flake Bread Crumbs
1 Cup Milk
2 Tablespoons Butter
1/2 Cup Cheese
3 Strips Of Diced Bacon (omit For Vegetarians)
1 And 1/2 Tablespoons Corn Flour
3 Tablespoons Water
1. Start to cook the pasta in its own pot.
2. Turn oven on to 230 degrees and place Potato Gems in a 30cm by 15cm baking dish for 15-20 minutes.
3. Cut the bacon into tiny squares about 2cm x 2cm and put aside.
4. After the Pasta is cooked, drain it and put to the side as well.
5. In a small pot, put the bacon in and cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Once bacon starts to go brown, melt butter and pour in with milk and stir.
7. Mix corn flour with water in a separate cup, then slowly put into the pot whilst stirring to thicken up the sauce.
8. Take off heat and add 1/2 cup cheese and put to the side.
9. Remove Potato Gems from the oven (after the 15-20 minutes) and make sure they cover the base of the baking dish evenly.
10. Pour the pasta over the potato gems and then pour the sauce over the top.
11. Mix all the ingredients in the baking dish well until their all evenly spread through.
12. Spread the 1/2 a cup of cheese and corn flake bread crumbs over the top of the dish and put back into the oven at 180 degrees for another 5-10 minutes.
13. After it has been cooking for the 5-10 minutes and it looks to be browned, turn the oven up to 220 degrees for 1-2 minutes to make the top crispier. Be sure to keep an eye on it during this time as it will burn quickly.
Recipe By: Kat Wenhrynowycz, Created: 01/11/2008